Health & Safety Management Systems
A Health & Safety Management System should provide your business with a tailored framework from which you can manage your health and safety responsibilities and activities. It needs to suit your business including its size, industry, operating environment and culture. As a guide most Health & Safety Management Systems include the below elements (where relevant):
- Leadership and commitment
- Continuous improvement/assurance systems
- Hazard and risk management processes
- Training and supervision
- Incident management systems
- Worker participation systems
- Emergency management procedures
- Processes for managing contractors
Hands on Safety can assist you with the development of a new system, updating a current system or a gap analysis and review of your existing system. We believe that a Health and Safety Management System should, as much as possible integrate with your wider business management systems.
We can also help training, implementation and on-going guidance to ensure the system is achieving desired outcomes.